ANNOUNCEMENT OF FALL CAMPS

SECOND INCREMENT OF OFFICERS WILL START TRAINING ON AUGUST 27.

A second series of officers training camps will be held between August 27 and November 26 in order to develop officers for the second increment of 500,000 men of the new army, Adjutant General McCain announced in an official statement Saturday. The number of camps has been reduced to eight, in place of the 16 that are now training officers for the first 500,000. There will be no Plattsburg in the second series. The sites for the fall camps being for the most part in the south on account of climatic considerations. In general, qualifications for admission to these camps will be the same as for the first series, but an effort will be made to obtain men at least 31 years of age, and the number admitted to training will be smaller than in the present camps.

The camp at Fort Myer, Va., will be open for applicants from the New England States, Fort McPherson, Ga., will take care of New York city and contiguous territory, and also certain of the other southern states. The greater part of New York state, however, as well as most of Pennsylvania, and three more southern states, have been allotted Fort Oglethorpe, Ga. Other camps will be located at Fort Benjamin Harrison, Ind.; Fort Logan H. Root, Ark.; Fort Leon Springs, Tex.; Fort Riley, Kansas; and the Presidio, San Francisco, California.

Applications for the fall camps are to be sent to the commanding generals of the departments in which the applicants live, between June 15 and July 15. No requests for admission will be received after the latter date.

General McCain's announcement also states that members of the training camps will receive $100 a month while in training, their transportation, uniforms, and subsistence.