"CALIBAN" TO BE GIVEN

OVER 5,000 PARTICIPANTS

In order to raise money for the American Red Cross, and secondarily for the University Reserve Officers Training Corps, a mammoth production of the masque "Caliban, By the Yellow Sands," written by Percy MacKaye '97, is to be given in the Stadium from June 28 to July 9, on every evening except Sunday. Over 5,000 men, women, and children, drawn from all parts of Greater Boston, will participate in the performances.

The Masque of Caliban is centered around the "Caliban" of Shakespeare's play, "The Tempest," who is made the symbol of struggling humanity, saved at last through the transforming power of the good and beautiful. The "Yellow Sands" in the masque represent the world of man's effort and aspiration.

In the first scene Caliban is revealed as a primitive, groping being, half playful, half savage. Prospero, the magician, undertakes to educate him by showing him the civilizing power of art, especially the great democratic and cooperative art of the drama.

Stage to be Built in Stadium.

A large stage is to be constructed across the Stadium, facing the bowl, with its front about 25 yards east of the western goal line. Work has already been started on the dressing shelters on Soldiers Field. There will be a seating capacity of 14,000 in the Stadium itself, and boxes built around the running track will accommodate 2,000 more. It is expected that at least $200,000 will be cleared above expenses, of which amount the greater part is to be donated to the American Red Cross, the balance going to the University Reserve Officers' Training Corps.

Tickets for the production may be secured for $.50, $1.00, $1.50, and $2.50; single box seats will cost $5.00, and entire boxes $25.00. Applications for tickets can be made at Amee Brothers, from noon to six o'clock daily except Sunday, or at the Ticket Headquarters at 415 Boylston.