TO HOLD ALL-COLLEGE RALLY

FIFTY INSTITUTIONS WILL TAKE PART IN BOSTON MEETING FEB. 12.

An "All-College Rally," which promises to have the backing of at least 50 of the leading colleges and universities in the United States, will be held in Boston the first part of next month. By the unanimous vote of the representatives of the institutions who are taking part in the event, the entire proceeds will be donated to the American University Union in Paris. The Harvard Alumni Association was a prominent originator of the rally, and will play a large part in making the plans for the meeting. Graduates and undergraduates of the University and of other leading colleges of the country may attend the meeting upon payment of a small admission fee.

The fund raised at the Boston rally will be used by the University Union to help maintain its Paris headquarters for the use of college men in the military service of the United States when on leave of absence from duty.

Set Date for Lincoln's Birthday.

The tentative date for the meeting has been set for February 12, Lincoln's Birthday, and options have been secured on the Boston Opera House and other large assembly places to insure adequate accommodations for the number likely to attend. Arrangements are being made to obtain several prominent speakers for the occasion, and the date of the meeting may possibly be changed from February 12 to suit them. In addition to the speakers, a program of college songs will be presented by college glee clubs, and there will be several other features.

Thirty colleges and universities have already pledged their support to the movement and new institutions are daily being added to the list. Alumni associations of New England have been quick to endorse the plan as a patriotic substitute for the usual mid-winter banquet.

L. E. Cadieux of Amherst and C. W. Fulton of Cornell were elected chairman and secretary, respectively, of the executive committee, and the chairman was authorized to name committees on program, finance, publicity, attendance, decorations and reception.