S. A. T. C. WILL END WEDNESDAY

WORK OF FINAL DISCHARGE IS 10 DAYS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE IN UNIVERSITY.

Under the supervision of Captain Charles Keveny, the work of mustering out the S. A. T. C. is well under way. Last Wednesday the medical students Companies I and K, and company A were discharged, and yesterday Company C and parts of Companies B and D were released. Companies E and F and part of G will go today, and H will go tomorrow. The rest of Company G will leave Monday, and on Tuesday the remainder of Companies B and D, as well as any others who still remain, will be discharged.

An order has been received from Washington requiring that all men be examined physically not more than 24 hours before their discharge. Before rereiving their discharges all men must sign the following forms: final endorsement of service record, final pay-roll, pay card, and honorable discharge papers. The men who have war risk insurance must also make the necessary arrangements about discontinuing or transferring this.

If the above plan can be carried out, all men except those now in the infirmary will be discharged by next Wednesday at the very latest, although this is ten days sooner than orders require. The officers who have petitioned for honorable dismissal from the service, however, will probably be kept here until about the sixteenth, but every trace of the S. A. T. C. will be gone by the twenty-first.

In speaking of the demobilization, Major Heermance dwelt upon the great importance of an honorable discharge from the army. He said, "For the reputation of the unit as well as of the individual men, all men are cautioned to avoid disorder or unbecoming conduct which would at all reflect on the unit or on themselves."

It has not yet been necessary to give any dishonorable discharges.

Further attendance at lectures and supervised study-hours by men who do not expect to stay in College is not required. However, it is very important that the men who do it end to remain should keep well up in their academic work for the next two weeks, in order that this work be credited toward their College degrees.