FOILSMEN AFTER MANRIQUE CUP

Fencing Team Will Compete for Trophy in Brooklyn Tomorrow.

The informal fencing team will have their first meet of the year tomorrow when they will go to New York to compete for the Manrique Cup at the Brooklyn Y. M. C. A. The competition is open to any university team or fencing club in the United States, and the cup which is awarded to the winning team is offered by the Brooklyn division of the Amateur Fencing League of America. Last year it was won by the New York Athletic Club. As yet the complete list of entries has not been announced, but it is expected that fencing clubs of New York will make up the majority of entries. This is the first year that a team representing the University has been entered in the competition.

The University team will be composed of E. R. Gay '19, captain, E. Pruyn '18, and R. H. Snow '20. This is Gay's second year on the team. Last year he showed up well in most of the matches, and won the University championship. With the added practice this year, he is easily the strongest member of the University team. This is Pruyn's first year on the team, although he has been a candidate for the past two years. In the Freshman championship competition last year, Snow won first place.