AWARD SCHOLARSHIP TONIGHT

WILL ANNOUNCE WINNER OF 1920 MEMORIAL AT MEETING IN SMITH.

The Class of 1921 will meet in the Smith Halls Common Room at 7 o'clock tonight to witness the award of the Memorial Scholarship presented by the Class of 1920 to a member of the Freshman Class. Dean Yeomans will address the meeting and will announce the name of the winner. F. C. Church '20, former president of the last Freshman Class, who is now attending the First Naval District Ensign School at the University, will also speak at the meeting.

The Class Memorial Scholarship is the result of the desire on the part of the present Sophomore Class to continue the custom established by the Class of 1919 last year. The precedent of presenting the University with a gift at the end of the Freshman year was started by the Class of 1918, but the succeeding Class of 1919 was the first to make this gift in the form of a scholarship. The executive board of the Class of 1919 in deciding to give this scholarship last year was influenced by the desire to have the gift of such a nature that it would form a worthy precedent of other classes to continue. The Sophomore Class this year is able to continue the custom by means of a surplus in the class treasury.

The scholarship will be awarded to the Freshman who, in the opining of the class officers, has done the most for his preparatory school, the decision being based upon grounds of general excellence, taking into consideration studies, athletics and outside activities. Last year the 1919 Scholarship was given to F. K. Bullard '20. This award continued through the four College years, or until the recipient's graduation.