POSTPONE RENEWAL OF ROWING

Yale Negotiating for Spring Races With Other Colleges.

Lack of facilities for winter rowing will delay the start of the crew practice so that oarsmen will not report at the Locker Building today as had been originally planned. Until the coal shortage is relieved and the Locker Building is reopened there will be no machine work. Practice will be started on the rowing machines recently transferred to the Locker Building as soon as possible.

Intercollegiate rowing at Yale has been resumed and a race with Pennsylvania is now proposed for May 11. Under the administration of Professor Abbot, who is coaching the crew, negotiations have also been taken up with Princeton and the University. University and Freshman events are desired and possibly and second crew contest. The races would probably not be rowed at New London, but at Housatonic, Yale's new course on the Caries River.

The new regime at Yale has probably given its recall to the four-mile race. Recess of a mile, two, or possibly three miles are now favored. No cut will be made in the New Haven squad this spring, but on the contrary every effort will be made to increase the number of oarsmen as the season progresses.