CLASSICAL ASSOCIATION MEETS

Eastern Massachusetts Section Will Convene this Morning.

The Eastern Massachusetts section of the Classical Association of New England will hold its 11th annual meeting at Fogg Museum today. The program planned for the occasion includes a series of talks on subjects relating to the classics. Beginning at 10 o'clock the meeting will last until afternoon.

The introductory address will be made by Mr. Albert S. Perkins of Dorchester High School, the president of the local section. Following this a talk on "The Questionnaire of the Boston Council of Ancient Languages" will be given by Miss Louise Adams of the East Boston High School. "A Review of Virgil" will be the subject of the next address, to be made by Dr. D. O. S. Lowell, headmaster of the Roxbury Latin School. The subsequent speeches are as follows: "The Stupidest of Losses," by Dr. Josiah Bridge '84, of Westminster School, Simsbury, Conn.; "Latin in Modern Education," by Dr. Payson Smith, commissioner of education for Massachusetts; "The Comprehensive Latin of the College Entrance Examination Board," by Professor Edward K. Rand '95, of the University. The meeting will be concluded with a lantern talk on "Athens Under the Turks," by Dr. James M. Paton '84, of Cambridge.