PROF. BAKER WILL PRESIDE AT SMILEAGE MASS MEETING

Occasion Will be First on Which Governor McCall Has Spoken at University.

Professor George Pierce Baker '87, who has been instrumental in arranging the Smileage campaign in the University, will preside at the mass meeting tomorrow afternoon. The meeting will be held in the New Lecture Hall at 4 o'clock because of Governor McCall's inability to be present at any other time. The occasion is the first on which the Governor has been scheduled to address an audience at the University. Between the speeches which will be made during the afternoon the R. O. T. C. band will play.

Governor McCall is to be the principal speaker at the meeting. He will present the views of the civil authorities toward the movement for camp entertainments. Richard Bennett, the actor, and Captain J. P. Brown '14, will also speak of the value of the Smileage campaign.

Richard Bennett, who is one of the originators of the plan for entertainments at military camps, is to take up the movement from the actor's point of view. He has taken part in many performances on behalf of Smileage, and last summer, with his entire company, he gave entertainments for the men then training at the R. O. T. C. camp at Plattsburg.

The program for the afternoon will be concluded with an address from Captain Brown, who will speak of the value of the Smileage movement as the soldier and sailor sees it.