CANDIDATES CALLED MONDAY

POSITIONS ON BOARD OPEN TO MEMBERS OF 1919, 1920 AND 1921.

The spring competitions for positions on the CRIMSON Board will commence next Monday, February 11, at 7 o'clock. At that time candidates for the news, business and editorial staffs will meet in the CRIMSON Building, where the work demanded of them will be out-lined in detail.

The news competition will be open to the classes of 1920 and 1921, it being the last opportunity for Sophomores and the first for Freshmen to make this department of the Board. Candidates from these same two classes will be eligible to compete for the business staff. Only Juniors may compete for the editorial department.

The news competition for Sophomores and Freshmen will be run separately, as will the business competitions for the same classes, so that the Freshman will not be at a disadvantage in working against the upperclassmen. Those who come out for the news department will be required to cover the various activities, athletic and non-athletic, of the University and also to obtain such outside news as may be of interest to the undergraduates. The work of the business competition will consist in soliciting advertisements with a certain amount of office work. The candidates for the editorial staff will be required to write a certain number of editorials each week on questions of particular moment or general interest. This will be the last opportunity for members of 1919 to make the Board.