THE 1918 CAMP

The plans for the summer training of the R. O. T. C. assure us a repetition of last year's successful course if not an improvement on it. We have believed that a combination of university corps into an all-college camp would have brought even greater advantages than a more local one, but the contrary decision of the military authorities has provided the best possible basis on which to organize a camp which will be Harvard's in name and fact.

The admission of other college men will lend the corps that same spirit of rivalry and co-operation that made the fame of Barre, and we hope that the number and quality of students will be as high as it was in 1917. In addition, opening enlistments to preparatory and high school graduates who pass their June entrance examinations will not only give those men an opportunity to spend a useful six weeks of military preparation, but will also bring them in close and intimate contact with the University which they are to enter in the fall.

Once more the Freshman halls will be filled with the khaki-clad cadets; once again we will effect reliefs at Fresh Pond and counter-attack at Waverley. Although it is to be only of six weeks' duration so as not to disrupt the College year, indications point to as fortunate a camp in 1918 as was that which graduated so many trained men to Plattsburg last year.