WILL HOLD UNIVERSITY R. O. T. C. SUMMER CAMP

TWO COURSES OFFERED

The University unit of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps, it was announced yesterday, will hold a summer training camp this year which will be open to students of all first-class colleges, including those admitted by examination, in June. The Headquarters Office of the Corps has stated that two courses in Military Science will be held for a period of six weeks during the months of July and August. The work will be under the direction of Major Flynn, the officers of the French Mission and their assistants, and will consist of three weeks' training in barracks and three weeks in camp. It will start soon after Commencement Day, probably about July 1.

Open to All Colleges.

According to the official statement, the courses will be open to:

(1) Men in colleges who, at the end of this academic year, are in good standing.

(2) Men now in the graduating classes of secondary schools, who in June are admitted or provisionally admitted to the freshman class of any first-class college.

(3) Other persons properly qualified.

One of the two courses will be for men with little or no previous military experience, and the second will be open to those who have received a certain

amount of training at the University or elsewhere.

The members of both training courses will be organized as a regiment for purposes of drill and administration, and for field maneuvers they will be arranged as a battalion, according to the new tables of organization now used by the United States Army. Among the subjects taken up in the work this summer will be drills in close and extended order, signalling, topography, entrenchments, instruction in the use of the bayonet and grenades, combat exercises, armament, military hygiene, first-aid, camp sanitation, aeroplane photography, tactics, and the plan of campaign as demonstrated in the present war. The tuition fee will be $20 for either course.

Already 2,100 men have been trained in the University R. O. T. C.; since the spring of 1917, and it is expected that the camp this year will prove valuable not only to men soon to be called to the service of the country, but also to teachers who desire to instruct pupils in their charge during the coming year.

No decision has yet been announced by the College authorities as to what credit towards a degree, if any, will be given to members of the University attending the courses