"SEE STRAIGHT AND HEAD STRAIGHT."--PRESIDENT ELIOT

Professors Moore and Hanus Among Other Representatives From the University.

"One of the most important needs of the modern educational system is the ability to see straight," declared President Eliot in his address before the convention of the New England Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools Saturday noon, "then to head straight, and finally to draw the right deductions." Failure to instill these principles into the mind of youth is the cause of the failure of the present methods of popular education."

President Eliot was the principal speaker at the meeting of the association in Jacob Sleeper Hall, Boston University. He was followed by Professor Paul Shorey of Chicago University, who was frank in his criticism of the tendency to exploit new ideas to the discredit of the older methods which had stood the test of time.

After a dinner held in the Hotel Brunswick a number of prominent educators made short speeches, the University being represented by Professor Clifford Herschel Moore of the Classical Department and Professor Paul H. Hanus of the History and Educational Departments.