YALE TEAMS WILL GET "Y"S

BASEBALL, CREW AND TRACK MEN TO RECEIVE INSIGNIA AS USUAL

Yale has definitely decided to award "Y"s in the three major sports, baseball, crew and track, this spring, according to an announcement made by the faculty of that institution yesterday. This is the first decision at either Yale, Princeton or the University to place spring sports on practically an equal standard with the same sports before war began.

Track athletes will be given the insignia for winning points in the intercollegiate meet, and, it is assumed, for placing in the proposed triangular meet between Princeton, Yale and the University.

Baseball players will be awarded letters for playing in the Princeton and Harvard games, and the oarsmen who row against the University eight will receive the "Y". The proposed race against Princeton is not yet settled, and no announcement has been made of an award for members of the crew who row against the University of Pennsylvania. The arrangement of intercollegiate schedules in all three sports, although carefully limited and restricted as to details, has completed the process of launching Yale athletics into as wide a competition as can be planned at present.

Although under the present ruling the University is not to award the "H" this spring, there is little doubt that Princeton will follow Yale's example.