LECTURE FOR CERCLE FRANCAIS

Captain Eugene Duthoit and Lieutenant Flory Speakers.

Captain Eugene Duthoit and Lieutenant Charles Flory, French officers on a special lecturing mission to this country and Canada, will speak before members of the University, under the auspices of the Cercle Francais, in Emerson D this evening at 8.15 o'clock. Captain Duthoit will talk on "France and her Reasons for Hope," and Lieutenant Flory on "Alsatian Spirit." The speeches will be in French and will include anecdotes of the officers' personal experiences during three year's active service at the front.

Both officers are travelling on a lecture tour as special representatives of the French Government. They have just arrived in Boston from Canada, and will this evening make their first public appearance in any large city of this country. Captain Duthoit, before entering the service of his country, was a professor in the Catholic University of Lille, which is in the district now occupied by the Germans.

After the speeches tonight a reception will be given the officers in Grays 17 to which members of the Cercle and members of the Faculty in the French Department are invited. The conference in Emerson D, however, is open to all members of the University. It was through the efforts of Professor L. J. Mercier that the presence of the officers here tonight was secured.