TRIANGULAR TRACK CONTEST ADVOCATED

RADIO MEN TO USE WELD

The University will meet Yale and Princeton in a triangular track meet this spring, as well as in rowing and baseball, it was decided at the meeting of the Athletic Committee last night. The committee also acted favorably upon the plan to send a few representatives to the Intercollegiate Meet. The baseball schedule arranged by the University, Yale and Princeton managers was accepted, save for some possible changes of dates that may be made later.

With regard to the future of track and field sports at the University this spring it was decided that the team should send several men to the annual meeting of the I. C. A. A. A. A., which is scheduled to take place this year in Philadelphia on May 31 and June 1. Moreover, the athletic authorities are in favor of a triangular track meet with Yale and Princeton, to be held preferably on May 18 at New Haven. This will be an event of special interest in intercollegiate athletics, since it will be the first track and field meet ever held exclusively between the three universities, as well as the first time that the University track men have competed against Princeton outside the intercollegiate meets.

No Definite Eligibility Rules.

All questions of eligibility for athletic contests which depend upon enrollment in the R. O. T. C. or naval courses will be taken up in the future by the chairmen of the athletic boards at the three universities concerned, namely: Dean Briggs, Professor Corwin of Yale, and Dean McClenahan of Princeton.

The Athletic Committee further voted that the Radio School be allowed the use of the Weld Boathouse as sleeping quarters, subject to the approval of the Trustees of the building and that they also be granted the use of part of Soldiers Field for athletic purposes.

No further action was taken as regards crew work during the spring, but it is understood that races will be held with both Yale and Princeton; the former late in May or in early June, the latter early in May.