PORTLAND RESERVISTS TO PLAY HERE TODAY

GAME TO START AT 3

With a victory over Princeton safely behind them, the University baseball nine will meet the Portland Naval Reserves on Soldiers. Field this afternoon at 3 P. M. in the second engagement of the season. The lack of steadiness in the first scheduled game of the year, which was very noticeable in the fielding of the University nine last Saturday, should be partially if not wholly absent in the contest with Portland.

Little is known of the strength of the visiting team aside from the fact that it is largely composed of former minor league professional baseball players. It is expected that one or two former college players will also be included in the lineup.

O'Keeffe '18 Probable Pitcher.

D. J. O'Keeffe '18, who held the Tigers to three hits in six innings after replacing H. M. Erb '20, seems to be the logical choice in the box this afternoon.

The University nine will line up in the following order for today's game: Evans, c.f.; Wolverton, 2b.; Gross, ss.; Ward, l.f.; McCouch, 1b.; Coolidge, r.f.; Hallowell, 3b.; Gammack, c.; O'Keeffe, p.