ENROLMENTS IN JULY CAMP NOW TOTAL 500

FINAL EXERCISE TUESDAY

Approximately 500 applications have been received to date for admission to the University summer training camp. Of these the majority are from undergraduates or members of the University. The R. O. T. C. officials have announced that a thousand men will be accepted so that there are still many vacancies to be filled.

A headquarters company is to be formed, composed of 25 or 30 men from preparatory schools, who are not in recognized R. O. T. C.'s and officered by present members of Military Science 2 who were unusually good in the special courses. Men not going to the June Camp are preferred because they will be needed here late in June and early in July to assist in preparing the barracks and the Lancaster Camp site for occupation by the corps. The men from the preparatory schools will not be charged for any tuition and will not be included in the theoretical work. They will, however, take part in the close and open order drilling, as well as in the bayonet and grenade instruction, and will act in the maneuvers as liaison agents, signallers, topographers and engineers.

May Accept All Candidates

The Military Office has not yet announced the names of the newly accepted candidates for the June Camp, but will do so tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, the Northeastern Department has wired to Washington asking if it may accept all applicants from the University. Major Flynn announced yesterday that all applicants for the June Camp must take the special final examinations being held now in order that they may be ready to go at once if accepted.

At yesterday's Fresh Pond drill, the exercise for Tuesday was practised. It will consist of a march of approach and a debouchement from the second-line trenches. Two of the new American companies will take part, one under the command of Captain F. Parkman '19 and the other under Captain G. C. Barclay '19.