WAR DEPT. PLANS FOR JUNE CAMP ANNOUNCED

DEVENS DETAIL SELECTED

Final information concerning the June Camp at Plattsburg was received by the University Military Office on Saturday in the form of an order from the War Department. The main points brought out by this official communication are, in substance, as follows:

Instruction at the camp, which is known to the War Department as the Plattsburg R. O. T. C. Camp, will be confined mainly to fundamental military training in Infantry. During the work it will be the purpose of the training course to teach all the cadets how to command in various capacities and for this purpose the system of rotation among officers and non-commissioned officers, such as that used in the present University corps, will be enforced at Plattsburg.

At the end of the encampment certificates of attainment will be given to all those who have completed the course.

According to the schedule of training as given out in the order, the work of the first week at the camp will consist mostly of drill, emphasizing the school of the platoon. Before the end of the month, however, the cadet will be familiar with the I.D.R. through the school of the battalion. Training in guard duty, signalling, bayonet fighting, grenade throwing and physical drill will also be given at various times. Lectures will be delivered daily; and the men will be brought into condition by frequent road marches with varied equipment. Toward the end of the course the cadets will spend much time in field work, including practice in attack and defence.

Every man must fulfill the Government's requirements as to vaccination or inoculation for typhoid, paratyphoid and smallpox either before or after his arrival at the camp.

32 in Devens Detail.

The Devens detail, consisting of 32 men, for the coming session of the bayonet and grenade schools at the Massachusetts cantonment has been announced by the Military Office in the following list.

Fuller Albright '21, E. R. Beeler '21, W. P. Belknap '20, W. P. Bell '20, J. N. Borland '21, Robert Elman '19, G. W. Emery '19, V. A. Flood 3S.L.A., W. R. Foss '19, R. B. Hamblett '20, J. B. Hatton '20, T. G. Holcombe '20, Carleton Hunneman '21, G. C. Lee '21, J. F. Leys '21, W. H. Moses '18, A. N. Osgood '21, James Otis '20, H. H. Pell '19, Erving Pruyn '18, Richard Quintana '20, Lawrence Richardson '19, D. C. Seager '20, R. M. Sedgwick '21, W. A. Steuer '20, F. S. Stranahan '21, Nathaniel Thayer '21, J L. Tildsley '19, W. S. Vaughan 3S.A., T. C. Wales '21, W. R. Wallace uC, G. F. Wason '20.