STADIUM EXERCISES SHIFTED TO SANDERS

COMMENCEMENT AS USUAL

Owing to the very great increase in labor costs resulting from war conditions, it has been found necessary to transfer the exercises usually held in the Stadium on Class Day afternoon to Sanders Theatre and New Lecture Hall. The customary exercises will be held in Sanders Theatre, and if the attendance warrants it, the oration will be delivered a second time in the New Lecture Hall.

All Stadium tickets will be accepted at Sanders Theatre or the New Lecture Hall. Tickets may be redeemed up to 6 P. M. June 15. --The 1918 Class Day Committee.   J. W. ANGELL, Chairman.

This announcement, made yesterday, was accompanied by a statement that this will probably be the last Class Day held until after the war. The great expense and the very small size of graduating classes have influenced the Faculty against planning for future Class Days. This year's committee therefore wishes to urge that all undergraduates not actively engaged in war service return for the festivities on June 18.

The action of the committee in eliminating all exercises in the Stadium was taken because the change in plans will curtail Class Day expenses at least one-fourth, without seriously interfering with the effectiveness of the day's ceremonies.

Graduates March to Sanders.

In former years graduates, the three lower classes and the Glee Club marched to the Stadium where they took places according to their date of graduation. This year they will assemble in the Yard and march to Sanders Theatre. They will be followed by the Seniors who will first march around the Yard led by class officers, cheering the buildings. After this the Ivy Oration will be delivered by S. N. Dunton '18 in Sanders Theatre and if necessary a second time in New Lecture Hall. The Senior Class will then hand down their class banner to 1921, with the usual ceremonies. The features which may have to be eliminated are the organized cheering and confetti fight.

No Change in Commencement Plans.

No change has been made in the Commencement exercises proper, which will be held on Thursday, June 20. At 10.30 o'clock the Seniors will assemble in the Yard and march to Sanders Theatre where degrees will be conferred. In the afternoon the customary exercises are to be held in Sever Court.