SEVEN IN FIRST SCRIMMAGE

CLASHES WITH BOSTON HOCKEY CLUB ON CHARLESBANK AT 2.30.

Today the University seven will meet the Boston Hockey Club in the first practice scrimmage of the year on the Charlesbank rink at 2.30,--weather permitting. The Boston Hockey Club team has not played together long but it has some good men from last year's more prominent Boston sevens. The result of the contest is in doubt, but the University seven should win if it can take advantage of its opponents lack of team-play.

The thirty members of the University squad were given a hard work-out yesterday afternoon, under the direction of Coach R. E. Gross '19. After some preliminary, unorganized practice, combinations were tried in a long scrimmage against a team chosen from the rest of the University and Freshman candidates. H. P. King, '21, a member of last year's Freshman team, now at Camp Devens, took part in the scrimmage. However, he does not expect to get his discharge from the army in time to play hockey this year.

Just what status hockey is to have this year will not be known until the new Athletic Committee meets next week. Although the Student Council has recommended that all sports be placed on a pre-war basis at once, the authorities seem to be doubtful of reinstating intercollegiate hockey on such short notice. The question whether letters and numerals will be awarded or not, will be settled in a few days.

As yet, the line-up of the Hockey Club is undecided. The University's line-up for today's game is given below: Bacon, l.w.; Avery, Cabot, l.c.; Bigelow, r.c.; Gross, (capt.), r.w.; Walker, c.p.; White, Clark, p,; Holmes, goal.