SENIORS BALLOT FOR OFFICERS FROM 9 TO 6

POLL WATCHERS FROM 1920

The election of officers of the Class of 1919 will take place today. All Seniors will cast their ballots at the CRIMSON Building between 9 and 6 o'clock. The officers who will be elected today are First, Second and Third Marshals, Treasurer, Orator, Ivy Orator, Poet, Odist, and Chorister.

Seniors are reminded of the following rules in regard to the election of Marshals: "Every voter shall vote for three Marshals, indicating his preference for First Marshal. Of the three elected, that candidate receiving the highest number of votes for First Marshal shall be declared First Marshal; of the other two elected, that one whose total vote is higher shall be Second Marshal, and the other one, the Third Marshal. Every ballot not containing the required number of names for Marshal shall be invalid."

Approximately 300 students in the College are eligible to participate in today's election. Many have been added to the original voting list under the ruling of the Student Council that those who left the Class of 1919 to enter the National service can vote regardless of their present status in the University. No Senior will be permitted to vote whose name is not on the voting list or who has not previously informed E. A. Hill '19 concerning his particular case.

The First Marshal's duties resemble those of president of the class; he introduces the Ivy Orator and leads the cheering on Class Day. The three Marshals, as well as the Treasurer and Secretary, are ex-officio members of the Class Committee. The Orator, Odist, and Poet deliver their parts in Sanders Theatre on Class Day morning, while the Chorister leads in the singing of "Fair Harvard. The Ivy Orator delivers his humorous speech in the Stadium on the same afternoon.

The following Juniors have been appointed watchers at the polls. Any who cannot be present at the hour indicated must provide a substitute: 9-10, J. G. Coolidge, E. W. Pavenstedt; 10-11, C. F. Batchelder, A. E. Kirk; 11-12, P. K. Fisher, A. Horween; 12-1, R. Fiske, Jr., R. W. Marks; 1-2, P. E. Stevenson, R. B. Williamson; 2-3, R. Gerould, F. Workum; 3-4, L. B. Evans, J. V. Spalding; 4-5, J. C. Bolton, S. H. Johnson; 5-6, R. P. Hallowell, P. C. Washburn.

1920 and 1921 Petitions Due by Friday.

Friday of this week is the last day upon which petitions nominating officers for the Junior and Sophomore classes may be handed in. Each petition must bear the signatures of 35 members of the class. Juniors should give their, petitions to A. Horween, president of the class, at the CRIMSON Building. Sophomores should leave their petitions with J. A. Sessions, secretary-treasurer, Randolph 32