ECOMMEND WAR DEGREE

CHANGE REQUIREMENTS

Students who shall have completed at least three-fourths of the requirements for the degree of A.B. or S.B., and who, having to military service, have been unable to complete the entire course will be granted those degrees if the Corporation ratifies the action taken by the Faculty last Tuesday. This means that the men referred to above would be able to graduate after completing a minimum of 12 courses instead of the usual of 16. Whether or not the plan will be carried into effect depends only upon the vote of the Corporation.

The matter was first brought up by the Board of Overseers at its meeting on January 13. It was at that time voted that the Faculty of Arts and Sciences The requested to consider the expediency of granting a degree honoris causa, or with other appropriate designation, to men who, owing to military service, have been unable to complete their college course, and that in the opinion of this Board such action is desirable."

The Faculty approved of this resolution and passed the following resolution: Voted, in response to the communication of the Board of Overseers of January 13, 1919, that the Faculty of Arts and Sciences is of opinion that a degree of A. B. or S. B. for honorable service in the war should be granted to students who shall have completed at least three-fourths of the requirements for those degrees, and who owing to military service have been unable to complete the entire course."

Acting Dean C. N. Greenough '98 announced last evening that a practical means of working out this plan would not be evolved until it had been approved by the Corporation, when decisive action will be taken.