COMMITTEE IN FAVOR OF NEW LONDON REGATTA; NINE WILL PLAY YALE IN PRE-WAR BALL SERIES

BELKNAP FOOTBALL MANAGER

The Athletic Committee received last night recommendations from the Graduate Rowing Committee in favor of a New London regatta with Yale on the Thames. Out of courtesy to Yale, however, no definite announcement will be made until the representatives of the two colleges meet. Coach Haines was chosen to have full charge of rowing and it was recommended that many preliminary races be held on the Charles.

The usual Class Day baseball games with Yale were definitely decided upon and a series of the best two out of three games will be played with Princeton. Two tentative dates with the Tigers have been arranged for May 17 and 24, the third game if necessary, to be played at a date to be arranged later. Where these games will be played is now left undecided. Two games are scheduled with Brown, at Providence on May 30 and at Cambridge on May 31.

A dual track meet with Princeton at Cambridge on May 24 was approved by the Committee. The expense and length of time of a trip to Ithaca will prevent a track meet with Cornell.

Eligibility Left to Triangular Council

The question of the eligibility of dropped students and the elimination of training tables as well as the final arrangements for athletic contests are to be decided as soon as possible by Prof. R. B. Merriman in conference with Yale and Princeton. Prof. C. N. Greenough recently appointed chairman will remain on the committee in the place of Prof. Dunham Jackson, who is engaged in war work in Washington and will not be back in Cambridge before fall.

The Committee made the following appointments:

Waldron Phoenix Belknap '20, of New York, N. Y., football manager; Ludlow Thomas Lanman '20, Lawrence, N. Y., assistant hockey manager; John Brooks Fenno, Jr., '21, of Boston, assistant swimming manager; Charles Edward Hodges '19, of Brookline, tennis manager; William Wallace Rowe '20, of Cincinnati, O., assistant tennis manager.

R. S. Emmet '19 Will Not Row This Year.

Belknap takes the place of C. D. Murray '19 who is not returning to College next fall. R. S. Emmet '19 will be unable to row this year and a temporary captain recommended by the Athletic Committee will be chosen by the Student Council today. F. L. Higginson '00 and B. Harwood '15 were present as representatives of the Advisory Rowing Committee