LAW CLUBS OUT FOR AMES PRIZE

Many Coming Barristers Seek Honors in Elimination Competition.

With a larger membership than for many years past, the Law Clubs are now preparing to enter the Ames Prize competition. Twenty-five of the old clubs have already started, and, although 21 new ones have been formed, it is expected that one or two more will have to be organized to accommodate the large number of men who wish to join.

This will be the first year since the war that the Ames Prize has been competed for, and the Advisory Board of the Law Clubs estimates that about 18 second-year clubs will qualify in the competition. It is quite probable that this fall the third-year clubs will qualify in the competition. It is quite probable that this fall the third-year clubs will have a separate Ames competition if the eight clubs now formed all desire it. In a week or ten days the list of second-year clubs that have qualified will be announced.

The Ames competition extends throughout the year until by the process of elimination only two clubs are left. The duel between these two is then judged by a Justice of the Supreme Court, if one is available, and, if not, by some lower State or Federal Judge.