STUDENT STRIKE AT HARVARD

From Buenos Ayres come the tidings that the University Federation of that city, a student organization, has threatened to call a country-wide strike of students if there is no Federal intervention between the Teachers' Union and the director-general of schools. This appears to be the utmost refinement of the sympathetic strike, more mention of which a new years ago would have set the world to laughing. Nowadays, however, causes little comment, because seemingly fifty per cent. of the population of the globe is either on strike or about to go on one.

Inward qualms arise if one even thinks of Harvard students of strike: the statue of John Harvard plastered with Freshman Dormitory boiled eggs, bombs hurled into the Recorder's office, parlor Bolshevists opening the windows of Boylston Laboratory to flood the city of Cambridge with the poisonous gases now inhaled exclusively by students taking them. A. The prospects is an awful one to contemplate. It is to be hoped that walking delegates from the Argentine never penetrate as far as Cambridge.