SECONDS DEFEAT NEW LONDON SAILORS BY SCORE OF 17-7

Crosscup, Angier and Hunneman Star for Scrub Eleven.

In a rough and tumble game with a service team from the United States Submarine base at New London, the University second eleven won its third victory of the year at Soldiers Field yesterday with a score of 17-7. Touchdowns by L. Crosscup Occ. and D. Angier '22, and a goal from the field by B. Hunneman '22 gave the scrubs their score.

It was a game characterized by individual play rather than by team-work. For the seconds. L. Crosscup Occ. and R. P. Parker '22 starred in the first half of the game. Crosscup rushed the ball from mid-field to the Navy 10-yard line, and in the next play carried it across on an end run for a touchdown. Parker's punting was the principal factor in the scrubs' defense system. In the latter half B. Hunneman '22, besides kicking a field goal from the 20-yard line and goal from touchdown, was the only back who was able to gain against the stiffened resistance of the sailors. For the Navy team. Arnold, who by recovering a fumbled pass from the Harvard center in the first quarter, was able to make a touchdown, again and again tore the Harvard team defense for gains of ten or twenty yards. In the visitors defense Doane, a member of the 1915-16 Tufts team which defeated the University, was the strongest man.

The seconds lined up as follows: l.e., Higgins, Peters; l.t., Lane; l.g., Stubbs, Salter; c. Currier; r.g., Morrison; r.t., Richards, Townsend; r.e., Whitman, Finley, Moorehead, Cabot; q.b., Conlon, Humphrey, Wrenn; r.h.b., Crosscup; Hunneman; l.h.b., Duncan, Mason; f.b., Parker, Hovey, Angier.