ELIOT CREWS FIGURE LARGE IN AUTUMN REGATTA EVENTS

SCULLERS VIE TODAY

Eliot Crews won all but one of their races in yesterday's continuation of the regatta. Thayer 2 won from Eliot 2, but with that exception the Eliot Club eight made a clean sweep of the river. The most important of yesterday's races was that between the first Eliot and Thayer crews in which Eliot 1 led their opponents by a margin of one-half of a length.

Eliot A won easily from Thayer by three-quarters of a length, but the closest of the races was between the B club crews. Thayer B led down the course until the last few yards, when Eliot B passed them, winning by only two or three feet.

In the Freshman races Standish and Smith divided the honors. In the third crew race Standish won, Gore came in second and Smith third. The contest between the 1923 fourth crews was won by Smith, followed by Gore and Standish, with the fifth Smith crew last.

Tomorrow's regatta events include nothing but sculling races, all of which will be rowed on the half-mile up-stream straightaway. There are a total of 19 men entered for the four different events, and some unusually good races are expected.

These events will start at 3.45 with the Novice Singles race. At 4 o'clock comes the Senior Singles, followed at 4.15 by the Wherry race. The last event of the day will be the Comp race at 4.30.