UNIVERSITY LEADS YALE IN SEVEN SPORT SERIES

Elis Ahead in Only Five of Annual Contests, Including Crew, Football, and Track.

Complete records in 12 sports in which Harvard and Yale teams have been engaged show that in the various series the University leads in seven, while Yale is ahead in five. The sports in which the Crimson excels are baseball, cross-country, hockey, lacrosse, indoor relay, soccer, and tennis. The victories credited to Yale are crew, football, golf, shooting, and track.

The figures in baseball are particularly interesting, since Yale has won 69 games to the University's 65, and yet yields the lead in the series to Harvard with 26 wins to 19 defeats.

Until 1916 the records in these sports were almost without a break, but during the war some event in every sport was omitted.

Since January 1, 1916, several changes have been made in the relative standing of the two universities in these sports. By Harvard's victory over the Elis in lacrosse in May, 1916, the tie was broken, and now the University holds three victories and two defeats to its credit. In track, also, the tie has been broken by a string of three consecutive victories for the Blue, which leaves the scores 15 to 12 in favor of Yale.

Summary of Scoress

Baseball (games)--Yale won 69, lost 65. (Series)--Harvard won 26, lost 19.

Crew--Yale won 30, lost 29.

Cross-Country (Dual)--Harvard won 7, lost 4. (Intercollegiate)--Harvard won 1, Yale won 1.

Football--Yale won 24, lost 9, tied 5.

Golf--Yale won 8, lost 6, tied 1.

Hockey (games)--Harvard won 21, lost 9. (Series)--Harvard won 13, lost 4.

Lacrosse--Harvard won 3, lost 2.

Relay--Harvard won 8, lost 6.

Shooting--Yale won 22, lost 17.

Soccer--Harvard won 4, lost 2, tied 2.

Tennis--Harvard won 10, lost 6. Intercollegiate)--Harvard won singles 16, Yale 7; Harvard won doubles 15, Yale 9.

Track--Yale won 15, lost 12. (Intercollegiate)--Harvard won 13, Yale won 9.