NEED MEN FOR FIELD EVENTS

PRACTICE TO BEGIN AFTER XMAS FOR UNIVERSITY AND 1923 TEAMS.

Immediately after Christmas vacation all track candidates for the field events will start daily practice in the baseball cage. This practice will last only until the first week of February. Men are wanted for both the Freshman and University teams.

Throughout the month of practice there will be weekly competitions in all events to show what progress has been made. At the end of that time, according to the present plans a cup will be given to the man in each event who gives evidence of the most improvement during the practice.

Inexperience No Handicap.

Material is needed for all field events--the shot-put, hammer-throw, pole-vault, the shot-put, hammer-throw, pole-valut, broad and high jumps. Lack of experience will prove no handicap. Candidates for the shot-put and hammer-throw are particularly desired.

All Freshmen are urged to report for this practice, and it is hoped that all men who have been unable to come out because of football will report after the vacation. Compulsory athletics for Freshmen who have been out for regular sports this fall begin immediately after Christmas, and the track work will count for their athletic requirement.