HUMPHRIES TO SPEAK ON RUSSIA

Red Cross Worker Will Tell of Personal Experiences With Soviet Regime.

Through the efforts of several undergraduates Wilfred R. Humphries who has recently returned from Russia has been secured to deliver a lecture at the University in Emerson D on Wednesday, December 10 at 7.30 o'clock.

Prof. Hoernle, the presiding officer, will introduce Mr. Humphries, and give a short comment on his work.

Mr. Humphries, a graduate of the International Y. M. C. A. Training College, spent eleven months in Russia during the past year and a half, and worked with the Y. M. C. A. and Red Cross.

While there he traveled over 20,000 miles, and studied closely the workings of the Soviet regime, during which time he met most of the members of the Soviet Cabinet, including Premier Lenine. Among other things he assisted in the smuggling of a million copies of President Wilson's "Fourteen Points" printed in German, into the Austrian and German lines.

His lecture, "Eleven Months in Soviet Russia" which includes 95 slides, has been enthusiastically received in over two hundred cities of the country, in which he has been lecturing during the past few months. It will be remembered that Mr. Humphries spoke at a mass meeting last month with Professor Felix Frankfurter '06 and Colonel Raymond Robbins. The lecture on Wednesday is open without charge exclusively to members of the University.