HOLD TRIALS FOR RELAY TEAMS

TO CHOOSE UNIVERSITY AND 1922 RUNNERS FOR YALE RACE IN B. A. A. MEET.

Trials will be held this afternoon for the University and Freshman relay teams which are to race Yale at the Boston Athletic Association Meet in Mechanics Hall on Saturday evening. The University will again be represented by its long distance relay team. Each man will run six laps or 780 yards. This is 76 yards further per man than the distance at which the B. A. A. was defeated on February 15. The team will probably be made up of the same runners that ran in the East Armory Meet, although A. W. Douglass will push them for a place.

1922 Team an Unknown Quantity.

So far little is known of the Freshman relay team. No trials have yet been held, and the race with Yale will be the only contest of the season. However, it is almost certain that the team will be chosen from the following: R. P. Bolster '22, R. Chute '22, R. P. Cutler '22, J. Lee '22, B. Wharton '22 and J. Winslow '22.

In addition to the trials for the relay teams, Coach Donovan expects to hold an informal handicap carnival. There will be no competition for the field event men. Events for both the University and Freshman teams will be run off at 3.45 o'clock.