UNIVERSITY BATTLES YALE SEVEN TONIGHT

1922 PLAYS AT ST. PAUL'S

The University hockey team will play its first game with the Yale seven in Brooklyn at the Ice Palace tonight at 8.30. This will be the first contest with Yale since 1917 and marks the resumption of formal intercollegiate athletics. Little is known concerning the Yale team which has not as yet played in any collegiate contests. The University team has a record of four straight victories and no defeats, but will be hampered by the small size of the Brooklyn rink and the lack of indoor practice. In weight the teams are evenly matched, the average being, for the University, 154 3-7 pounds and for Yale, 154 2-7 pounds.

A strong offensive game is expected of Captain R. E. Gross '19, E. L. Bigelow '21, and T. M. Avery '21. Bigelow, the captain of last year's Freshman team already has six goals to his credit in this season's games and is probably the fastest skater in the University squad. The opposition will come chiefly from Captain Ingalls and Carson, two of the strongest forwards in college hockey.

The University team will practice on the Brooklyn rink this morning to become accustomed to its smaller size.

Freshmen Meet St. Paul's School.

The Freshman seven will meet the fast St. Paul's team at Concord this afternoon. The 1922 team will leave Cambridge at 12.30 and the game will be called at 3.30. On the St. Paul's team, Haslam, Davis and Baldwin, who played on last year's team, will furnish a formidable offensive. In the absence of Coach Gross, C. S. Stillman, Jr., '21, who played goal on last year's Freshman team, will accompany the 1922 skaters to Concord.

The teams will line up as follows: 1922.  ST. PAUL'S Humphrey, r.w.  l.w., Haslam Martin, r.c.  l.c., Van Gerbig Baker, l.c.  r.c., Shirajs Angler, l.w.  r.w., Davis Colt, c.p.  c.p., Baldwin Gratwick, p.  p., Potter O'Mealey, Higgins, g.  g., McCloud