GROSS '19 APPOINTED LEADER OF NORTHFIELD DELEGATION

41ST, ANNUAL MEETING

R. E. Gross '19 has been chosen to lead the University delegation to the Student Conference at Northfield which will take place June 20-30 this spring. As usual, the University will send a large contingent numbering about 75 men.

Approximately 40 colleges and universities are to be represented by delegations at the Conference. The daily program will include discussion groups on college problems and addresses by such men as Bishop Lawrence, John R. Mott, Robert E. Speer, and Sherwood Eddy in the mornings and evenings leaving the afternoons free for tennis, golf, track, and baseball. In this way, the Conference will not only give opportunities for personal contact with men who are leaders in modern religious thought, but will also offer a chance for a few days of healthy out-of-door recreation. Under the direction of special teachers small groups will be formed for individual Bible study. A play is given the last night of the Conference.

The Northfield Student Conferences began more than 40 years ago at Mt. Hermon, and were moved the next year to East Northfield where they have been held ever since. Many similar organizations have been established in other portions of the country with great success. The complete personnel of the Harvard delegation has not yet been determined upon. All who are interested should communicate with Phillips Brooks House as soon as possible. Last year the University's representation was very much cut down on account of the war, and so it is especially desired to secure a large delegation this spring.