TRIANGULAR DEBATE ON PROHIBITION TONIGHT

OPEN DEBATE AT 8

At 8 o'clock tonight, in Cambridge, Princeton, and New Haven, teams representing the three universities will meet in the 11th triangular debate, on the question: "Resolved, that the 18th Amendment to the United States Constitution should be abolished." In the contest with Yale, which will take place in Sanders Theatre, the University will uphold the negative side of the subject. Mayor Andrew J. Peters '95 of Boston will preside and the judges will be H. C. Attwill, Attorney General of Massachusetts; Justice J. D. McLoughlin, of the Superior Court, Boston; and C. W. Parmenter, Head Master of the Mechanics Arts High School, Boston.

The University negative team consists of the following men: William Arnold Hosmer '18 (Occ.), of Bergen, N. Y.; Harris Berlack '20, of Jacksonville, Fla.; and William Sumner Holbrook, Jr., '21, of Davenport, Ia. The alternates who remain at home are Benjamin Franklin Jones '22, of Atlanta, Ga., and Eliot Dole Hutchinson '22, of Lowell, Mass. Yale will be represented by William Dwight Whitney, of New Haven, Conn.; Walter Millis, of Chicago, Ill.; Lawrence Sill Hitchcock, of North Pownall, Vt.; and Cadmus Zacheus Gordon, of Brookville, Pa., alternate.

Two of the three University speakers have been in previous intercollegiate contests: Berlack with last year's University team and Holbrook with the University and 1921 representatives. Hosmer was alternate on the University team in 1917. Hitchcock of Yale spoke on the championship team of last year.

The University is represented at Princeton by three speakers who uphold the affirmative of the question. They are: Slater Washburn '20, of Worcester, Mass.; Rudolf Protas Berle '19, of Cambridge; and Jacob Tutun '20, of Chelsea. Mathew James Donner '21, of Passaic, N. J., will act as alternate. Princeton has an experienced team composed of three men who have spoken in two previous debating contests.

For the first time since the triangular system was established in 1909, the judges will cast their votes separately. The chairman will announce the decision. Each debater will speak for twelve minutes in constructive argument, and five in rebuttal. The affirmative speakers begin the argument and have the last rebuttal speech.

Since the establishment of the triangular system, the score has been as follows: Harvard 11, Princeton 11, Yale 8. There have been three triple ties; three championships have gone the University, two to Yale and two to Princeton.

Yale-Harvard.

March 26, 1909.--Harvard.

March 21, 1910.--Harvard.

April 3, 1911.--Harvard.

March 29, 1912.--Yale.

March 14, 1913.--Harvard.

March 27, 1914.--Yale.

March 26, 1915.--Yale.

March 24, 1916.--Harvard.

March 23, 1917.--Harvard.

March 22, 1918.--Yale.

Princeton-Harvard.

March 26, 1909.--Princeton.

March 21, 1910.--Harvard.

April 3, 1911.--Harvard.

March 29, 1912.--Princeton.

March 14, 1913.--Harvard.

March 27, 1914.--Harvard.

March 26, 1915.--Harvard.

March 24, 1916.--Princeton.

March 23, 1917.--Princeton.

March 22, 1918.--Princeton.AFFIRMATIVE TEAM WHICH DEBATES PRINCETON TONIGHT Back row (left to to right).--M. Zobel '19, (manager), H. Epstein '16 (coach). Front row (left to right).--S. Washburn '20; M. J. Donner '21, A. P. Berle '19, J. J. Tutun '20 (not in picture)