CONTINUED CREW REGATTA

FOUR EVENTS CONTESTED IN 2ND DAY'S RACES.--WHITNEY FIRST IN WHERRY CONTEST.

Four races were held in the second day of the annual invitation crew regatta yesterday afternoon. Each event was rowed over the mile course.

The first contest on the program was for novice singles, which was won by J. H. Vincent 2L. He held a lead of three lengths over E. B. Fries '21, his nearest opponent. J. M. Plumer '21 was a close third. In the wherry race, R. A. Whitney '22 was an easy victor over R. Codman '19, having a margin of more than six lengths at the finish, Third place was taken by J. E. White 1B. Each of the above winners received medals.

In a race for the Yale Challenge Cup, Huntington School beat Noble and Greenough by one length. This was a particularly close and exciting event, the lead see-sawing back and forth until the end, with Noble's ahead for more than half of the contest. The last event on the schedule was a race between Tufts and the M. I. T. freshmen, which the latter won by four lengths.

Today's events are as follows:

3.30.--Comp Race.

4.00.--Junior singles.

4.30.--Double sculls.

5.00.--Junior eights.