F. L. ALLEN '12 APPOINTED SECRETARY TO CORPORATION

HUNNEWELL TO REMAIN

Frederick L. Allen '12, has arrived at Cambridge to take up his duties as secretary to the Corporation. Mr. Allen will be the second secretary, as F. W. Hunnewell '02, will also continue to act as secretary. In this position, to which he was appointed in May, Mr. Allen's work will be to direct the distribution of University news, to study the whole problem of the public relations of Harvard, and to devise means of interpreting to the public the plans and policies of the University. His office at present is at University 5.

To Study Situation in June.

When interviewed by a representative of the CRIMSON yesterday, Mr. Allen said he expects to spend the month of June in a preliminary study of the situation as regards University news and publications. In September he plans to begin work actively. He will attempt to help the newspapers and magazines to secure accurate news of the University with a minimum of inconvenience and delay, and he will also make other arrangements for keeping Harvard graduates and the public in general in closer touch with the University.