COACH FISHER.

The uncertainty which has surrounded the University's coming football season has been largely dispelled by the Athletic Committee's selection of the new coach. Robert Fisher has been spoken of as an available candidate ever since it was definitely known that Major Haughton could not return. His experience under that recent coach, not only as an assistant but as a player makes him particularly valuable.

The football outlook is, on the whole, a bright one, Seven former "H" men will be able to play, which is a remarkably fine showing, when it is considered that the last formal games were played, and the last letters awarded, two seasons ago. Besides this, the spring practice of two months ago brought out the welcome fact that at least as large a supply of first-rate new material is available, as in any one recent year. Of course there will be difficulties, for as in other sports the continuity has been broken, and it will take time and infinite practice to reform old habits, and to lick musty material into shape. Former Coach Haughton, however, has expressed every confidence in Mr. Fisher's abilities as next year's coach, and the seven "H" men who have worked under him before are ready to swear by him. Moreover, Coach Fisher himself has declared his fixed intention of continuing, in essentials at least, the Haughton System. The prospects for a successful fall season have become much brighter through Mr. Fisher's appointment.