COMMUNICATIONS.

The CRIMSON wishes to call to the attention of its readers its earnest hope that they will make use of the communication column as freely as possible.

In its editorials, the CRIMSON has seriously tried to reflect the general opinion of University students, and where it has found that opinion at fault, or another viewpoint more valuable, the paper has ventured to guide thought into other channels. The difficulty in reflecting opinion in such a University as Harvard is obvious: there are a multitude of different ideas which cannot possibly be interpreted through one organ, some radically extreme and some doggedly conservative. And then there is the constant difficulty of knowing when public opinion "is really opinion and when it is merely public."

By discussion, the verity and falsity of thought is brought to light. When kept within the heart, ideas smolder in darkness and obscurity; but when revealed by the light of discussion, they may shine with their reason or be rejected with their falsehood.

It will be both as a moulder and a representative of opinion that the CRIMSON will attempt to speak. But its success will be not in whether it has moulded opinion, but in whether it has helped men to think.