THE BROOKS HOUSE DRIVE.

The Phillips Brooks House Association has maintained for fifteen years a leading role in the interests of Harvard men. For years previous to that its various fields of activity were attended to by one management or another; and these branches have increased ten-fold under the present organization.

The deep seated interest in all the activities of college men; the policy of opening its doors to new and foreign students, and of guiding them in the start of their college career; the recruiting for social service work and a hundred and one other activities, small and large, are the means by which the Association reaches the heart of the University.

We all appreciate the work of such a society. How many realize what the expenses of upkeep are? While the Endowment Fund taxes the alumni heavily, for the external improvement of their Alma Mater, little is asked of those students now at the University, and their part if anything, is that of upholding the interests and activities of Harvard from within.

The importance of the five thousand dollar drive between now and Saturday is perhaps best shown by the statement of the Brooks House management itself: "We depend mainly upon contributions from friends of Phillips Brooks House who wish in this way to show their appreciation of the work carried on by the Association."