Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

Dean Briggs Present at Meet for Discussion of Employment

Dean L. B. R. Briggs '75, dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, is now in New York, attending a conference on a Nation-wide Professional Employment Service held in the Engineers' Societies' Building. The conference, of which Cora H. Coolidge, Chairman of the National Committee of Bureau of Occupations is a leader, is for the purpose of discussing the exact status of professional employment work in this country and to consider the devisability of a, national system of employment office, including both placement and information service for professional men and women.

It is expected that a group of about 50 men and women especially interested in this subject will attend the conference During the two days the status of employment work in the various professional fields will be discussed, specific plans for an organization, involving both its scope and ways and means will be presented. A committee appointed at the conference will consider these plans, and before adjournment on Saturday afternoon some definite action will be taken by the Conference looking toward the calling of a larger conference and the recommendation of a definite working plan.