Deport the Conservatives.

Communication

(The Crimson invites all men in the University to submit signed communications of timely interest. It assumes no responsibility, however, for sentiments expressed under this head and reserves the right to exclude any whose publication would be palpably inappropriate.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

In perusing recent communications in the CRIMSON, we are moved to reflect upon that sage old saw concerning an ounce of prevention. In view of the fact that we have adopted a policy of wholesale deportations of our undesirables, and idea has occurred to us which we believe no one has hitherto suggested. Why not deport a few of our self-complacent radically conservative? For, as a fellow-student remarked yesterday at the Union, it is these people who are the swamp in which the Red mosquito is bred. Is not at least a part of the unrest pervading the world today a natural reaction from those who willingly sacrifice their duty of facing the issue in order to preserve the better their peace of mind? This undiscriminating antagonism shown all who do not agree with the most conservative-minded today drives many further than they would naturally have gone into radicalism and confers upon the worst of our deportees the unwarranted title of "martyr." NAT S. WOLLF OCC.   DONALD C. PEATTIE '21.