Match with Graduate Team First of Stiff Schedule for Fencers

One week from Saturday the University Fencing Team will meet its first opponent in the form of the Harvard Graduate Fencers' Team, and from then on a match is scheduled for every week until the advent of the Intercollegiate Tournament in New York on the 9th and 10th of April. Four times a week Coach Danguy supervises a large squad in preparation for this usually stiff schedule, while W. Russell ex-'18 and E. R. Gay '15, former captains of University teams, aid him. There is prospect for a strong team built around R. H. Snow '20, S. M. Ordway '21, G. P. Howard '21, and E. K. Warren '20, with the addition of T. Adamowski '22, W. R. Browser '22, and J. S. Barss '22, of last year's Freshman squad.

Compete for Interdormitory Cup.

Soon after mid-year's are over a regular Freshman squad (whose season will culminate in the Novice Tournament for the cup offered by the Harvard Club) will be called out, to continue training through February and March. So far five men from 1923 have been receiving coaching from Coach Danguy, but more are needed in order that the best squad possible may be selected as University material for next year.

That an interest in fencing is rapidly growing is well demonstrated by the fact that both Dartmouth and M. I. T. have again taken it up. M. I. T. formerly had a team, but for Dartmouth the sport is entirely new. It is probable that both institutions will be represented in the championships this year.

Yale has arranged the longest schedule in its history, including Harvard, Dartmouth, Annapolis, Pennsylvania, Columbia, Bridgeport, and Springfield Colleges, and will make a strong bid for the intercollegiate championship.