AUSTRIAN ARCHIVES REVEAL DIPLOMACY OF TRIPLE ALLIANCE

PROFESSOR A. C. COOLIDGE TELLS OF SECRET DOCUMENTS FOUND BY REVOLUTIONISTS--UNIVERSITY PRESS TO PUBLISH THESE IN TEXT FORM -- FIRST VOLUME READY SOON.

The contents of the secret treaties and diplomatic agreements between Germany, Austria and Italy in the years following the Franco-Prussian War, and the real status of the famous Triple Alliance between those nations, knowledge of which has hitherto been confined to a few high European officials, will be completely revealed in the series of texts now being prepared for publication at the Harvard University Press. The first volume, including "Texts of the Treaties and Agreements from 1879 to 1913," will be placed on sale at the end of this week.

Upon the fall of the Hapsburg Dynasty last year certain important political documents from the secret archives at Vienna fell into the hands of the revolutionary government, and Professor Francis Pribram of the University of Vienna was officially commissioned to examine the papers of state. As the result of a chance meeting with Professor Pribram, Professor Archibald C. Coolidge '87 of the University, who was in Europe at the time aiding in the formulation of the Treaty at Versailles, was able to obtain copies of all the documents. It is through Professor Coolidge that all arrangements have been made for publication in this country.