"NON-COM" FACULTY OFFICER AWARDED SNAPPY PANNING

Why Put Harvard Red in Larger Type Than Harvard Crimson? Asks Reviewer.

By N. R. Ohara .

With the help of the Lampoon's special number, Mr. Harold Laski should find himself more famous than Jesse and his movie stars this morning. Off-hard, we should say that Mr. Laski gets a snappy panning. The only thing in Lampy not derogatory of him is the Arrow collar ad. on the back page. And even that has a Red stripe running through it.

We must confees we never heard of Mr. Laski before. But from what we gather in the Lampoon's fitful pages, the way he teaches Government is not quite according to Solon or to Hoyle.

Mr. Laski's offence or offences are not wholly clear to the uninformed reader, but if he had dynamited the Widener Library or stolen a quart of the Lampoon's champagne we should hardly expect a more scathing indictment than the one that Lampy gives him.

If Mr. Laski assumed to espouse the cause of the striking Boston policemen, who should say him no? Who but a $1200-a-year man (and, therefore, who but a University instructor) might be expected to espouse the cause of coppers what wanted to cop $1400 a year?

If Lampy is plastering Mr. Laski solely because of his reddish penchants, then Lampy is violating the first law for squelching the "Sheviki. For the Reds love red headlines and thrive on them. And conversely they shrivel and die on a diet of agate and nonpareil type. Why put the Harvard Red in larger type than the Harvard Crimson?

We should guess that the Lampoon's out-going board wished to leave something to be remembered by. It doubtless will A number devoted strictly to personal attack (even on a non-commissioned faculty officer) is not likely soon to face from memory. Nor will the College office soon forget.