REGULARS CRUSH HARD FIGHTING YEARLINGS IN SHORT SCRIMMAGE

CAPTAIN HORWEEN STILL OUT WITH INJURED SIDE

At 4.30 Coach Ryan's yearlings were called onto the field for a half hour of hard scrimmaging. The Freshmen showed plenty of spirit, but were obviously no match for their heavier and more experienced opponents. Twice, however, they crashed through the First Team for first downs, and once they penetrated into the enemy territory.

At the very first of the scrimmage, the University eleven drove the yearlings down the field but were held on the 20-yard line and forced to drep-kick. Quarterback Buell made an easy goal at a 30-yard distance. On the next kick-off, the University worked down the field, a forward, Buell to Clark, bringing them within scoring distance. Rouillard carried the ball over. The ball was then placed on the Freshmen's 15-yard line, and a pass from Buell to Humphrey accounted for a second score.

Kunhardt Scoops Fumble

On the next kick-off, J. E. Merrill '24 ran the ball back 30 yards, dodging through the entire field cleverly, but the Freshmen could not hold their advantage. The final touchdown came shortly before the end of the scrimmage, when Kunhardt scooped up a fumble and tore off 60 yards to the 1924 goal line. On the whole the Freshmen played a consistent and strong game, and Coach Ryan expressed himself as well pleased with their showing.

Captain Horween was not in the line-up as his side was in bad shape. It will be four or five days at least before he can play again, and Hamilton is slated to take his place at fullback with Owen filling a halfback position in the Williams game tomorrow.

Team A lined up against the Freshmen as follows: ends, Gaston and Kane; tackles, Faxon and Eastman; guards, Tolbert and Woods; center, Havemeyer; quarterback, Buell; fullback, Hamilton; halfbacks, Owen and Humphrey. The Freshmen lined up as follows: P. S. Sprague, r.e.; B. M. Henry, r.t.; E. K. McCagg, r.g.; R. C. Storey Jr., c; H. S. Grew Jr., l.g.; D. S. Holder, l.t.; L. C. Larrabee, l.e.; J. E. Merrill. q.b.; P. Jenkins, r.h.b.; Starrett, f.b.; R. B. Greene, l.h.b.