POLITICS AT UNION TONIGHT

FOUR PARTIES REPRESENTED

Definite arrangements have been completed for the political symposium, in which four parties will be represented, to be held for the members of the Union and the Student Liberal Club in the Living Room of the Union tonight at 7.30 o'clock. Senator Gilbert M. Hitchcock of Nebraska, former Postmaster General and Administration leader in the Senate, will be brought to Cambridge in an automobile directly after a meeting in Ford Hall, Boston, where he will speak under the auspices of the Women's City Club.

Swinburne Hale '05, who will represent the Farmer-Labor party, will arrive late this afternoon from Buzzards Bay. Mr. Hale was one of the 12 American lawyers who signed the report on the "Illegal Practices of the United States Department of Justice" and was a leader of the organization of his party at its first convention in Chicago last summer.

Congressman Joseph Walsh will come from New Bedford and will be obliged to leave the meeting after his speech in order to keep another speaking engagement. His position of acting speaker of the House during Representative Gillette's absence brought him into prominence in Congress, where he has been very active.

Dr. Norman Thomas, editor of "The World Tomorrow" and representative of the Socialist party, has notified the officers of the Liberal Club that he will get here as soon as he can after attending his trial today in the Mount Vernon, New York, police court.

Dean L. B. R. Briggs '75 will act as chairman at this meeting, which is the first of a series on subjects of current interest to be held this year under the auspices of the Student Liberal Club.