Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATION DISCUSSES COURSE PROBLEM

Meets Tonight to Deliberate on the Tutorial System as Method of Gaining Degree

The Harvard Educational Association, the purpose of which is primarily to ascertain the attitude of the students towards the existing course system and the change which it is proposing, will meet tonight at 8 o'clock in the Trophy Room of the Union. Professor R. B. Merriman '96 will conduct an informal discussion of the tutorial system. The meeting will be open to all members of the University.

The plan of the Educational Society is as follows: for those who so desire, let conditions of obtaining the degree be maintained as at present; but for those students who wish to secure freedom and responsibility in their work, let a new way to the degree be established with approximately these requirements: the passing of a general final examination towards the end of the fourth year in a field to be chosen by the candidate; the completion of nine courses during the first two years; exemption after the second year from the ordinary work of the courses and the substitution of work done under the guidance of a tutor whose main duty shall be to advise and to help the candidate in preparation for the examinations of his Senior year, but who shall also recommend (not more than) three courses, the lectures of which the student shall attend.

All those interested in furthering the adoption of the tutorial system at the University will organize at the meeting tonight. Besides the discussion, there will be held an election of a chairman of the executive committee of the association.