DELL AND FENNO WINNING TEAM

Win From Robinson and de Turenne in Straight Sets

In the final round of the University doubles held yesterday afternoon on Divinity Field, B. Dell 1G. and J. B. Fenno '21 defeated Captain L. A. de Turenne '21 and D. P. Robinson 1L. The winners at no time were in danger and won in straight sets, 6-3, 6-4, 6-2. During the match the Robinson-de Turenne combination showed flashes of good tennis but their opponents played a strong, steady game and worked together perfectly. Particularly effective was the net playing of Fenno, while his partner's clean ground strokes were responsible for a large number of points.

In the first set of the contest, de Turenne's service was powerful but lacked accuracy, while his team mate also was erratic and failed in many shots by short margins. In the second set the losers regained their strength but failed to gather in enough points to make the set theirs. The winners came back strong in the third set taking their games with a comfortable two or three point lead.

Practice will begin tomorrow for the entire squad. From the playing of these men and from the tennis shown in the singles tournament. Captain de Turenne will pick the men to represent the University.