HAND IN MANUSCRIPT FOR BOOTT PRIZE MARCH FIRST

One Hundred Dollar Award Given Each Year for Best Composition in Vocal Music

A fund was bequeathed to Harvard College by Francis Boott, of the class of 1831, which provides for an annual prize of one hundred dollars to be awarded to the writer of the best composition in concerted vocal music; Mr. Boott's desire that the type of music exemplified in Cherubini and Mozart should be followed. This competition is open to undergraduates and members of any Graduate School; the composition must be for at least four voices, and may be either with or without accompaniment, the text being either secular or sacred.

The prize will be awarded only in the case some composition is submitted which, in the opinion of the Judges, is deserving of such recognition. The title page of each manuscript must be signed with a motto or an assumed name, the same to be written on the envelope of a sealed letter in which is enclosed the name and address of the competitor. Manuscripts must by March first be in the hands of the committee, which will consist of Arthur Foote, 81 Green street, Brookline 47, George A. Burdett and Frederick S. Converse.